Me!

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am currently a student at Western Oregon University getting my Master of Arts in Teaching degree. I am student teaching in the Salem-Keizer School District and strongly believe the students are teaching me more than I am teaching them! I have fun everyday though and look forward to getting even more involved in education.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Managing a class blog

             I believe I could be easily overwhelmed by the amount of options for creating a blog, as well as by the techniques for managing a blog. If I were to assign blogging for a particular class I would facilitate it by creating a blog specifically for that class or that assignment, and then making it so only the students in that class could access and comment on the blog. I would be sure all students were 'followers' and each student was comfortable  using and had access to the technology.
             I would not have to worry about promoting this type of blog because all of my students would have had a tutorial about how to create a Google account, how to find our class blog, how to become a follower, and how to comment on the topics. I would not want to promote this blog to others because of the nature of it.
             I believe this would be the easiest type of blog for me to create, manage, and promote for my students.

2 comments:

  1. Great ideas Alyssa! I think it would be very important to make sure that all the students could access and use the blog. Just having access to a computer could be difficult for some students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog is looking good. Lots of links to other blogs.

    If any one of us or all of us tried to do everything that every website offered, or tried to use all the features of a blog like in blogger.com, we would become extremely overwhelmed. We need to, as you have done, identify the features and meet our needs and use them effectively. Someone else can worry the features we don't use. Of course, the idea is that we intelligently chose the features that will benefit us best.

    Be well.

    ReplyDelete