Me!

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am currently a student at Western Oregon University getting my Master of Arts in Teaching degree. I am student teaching in the Salem-Keizer School District and strongly believe the students are teaching me more than I am teaching them! I have fun everyday though and look forward to getting even more involved in education.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

virtual comunication

        Personally, I am not very good at staying connected online. I never remember to email my family, and my facebook lays neglected for days at a time (quite a feat for a college student). I very much prefer to talk to someone on the phone or face to face and I have trouble connecting through blogging. That doesn't mean that I think they are VERY good tools to share information, ideas, opinions, and news. One blog I did get interested in was by a man who walked across the United States. Everyday he would post pictures and a bit of information about where he was and what he saw. I particularly enjoyed seeing the end of his journey because he walked through my hometown and posted pictures of locations I recognized. He also stayed with my friends family in Tillamook before he made it in to the ocean. It was totally awesome :)
       Blogs have made it possible for anyone to be an author, and who knows- maybe I will become hooked!

1 comment:

  1. That's cool, to see someone blogging about your own hometown!

    I also really like your photo.

    I am pretty good about attending to my online courses because I am also teaching online, so I sort of go to school at the same place I go to work, lol. When I am out of my routine, though, I really have to think about going back to the computer. So I know what you mean. It takes a lot less effort for me to just call someone or talk to them face to face, but I do love teaching online--I may have to write things out, but then all my students can have the explanation rather than just one.

    One of the best uses of blogs I have seen is the single blog by elementary and secondary teachers for their class (classes) to keep parents connected to what's happening in their child's classroom. I just love that.

    ReplyDelete